So unfortunately, my computer is completely ruined. All of my pictures, music, and documents have vanished forever. C'est triste, n'est pas? But as my host dad told me the afternoon that it crashed, it's not a family member, it's not my health, and it's not something that can't slowly be replaced. While that didn't really make me feel better at the time, I feel ok about it now. Anything can turn into a blessing if you look at it the right way, so I've chosen to take an outlook of (somewhat) gratitude that I now get to spend more time with my host family and less time on the computer (except of course when I am writing in my lovely blog). I'm currently using my host sister Clotilde's computer (merci Clo!), and IES has computers I can use too, so keeping up isn't too much of an issue.
The past few days have been pretty chill. Just classes and things. Soccer lat night was good again! No, Paul wasn't there (for those of you who know who I'm talking about) so that was disappointing. I think I'll survive though. I had conversation club again tonight, which wasn't nearly as exciting as the first time, but I'm still glad I got to go, if only to practice my French. I have my first mid-term exam on Thursday, so wish me luck!
AHH I almost forgot! Sunday night my host family celebrated my host dad's birthday and we had one of the coolest dinners I've ever eaten. In the middle of the table was a stove-like contraption, similar to fondu, but without the dipping. Anyway, we were each given small frying pans into which we placed cheese, ham, bacon, and salami. We stuck the frying pans into the stove to wait for everything to melt together and in the meantime, potatoes were warming on the top of the stove. After the cheese and meats were melted/fried enough we placed the now-warm potatos on our plates and poured all the delicious gooeyness over them. It was so COOL and unlike anything I've eaten before... Ok, I lied.I HAVE eaten meat with cheese before (duh) but never like that! I was very impressed with the French ingenuity.
Anyway, thanks to everyone who has emailed me recently, you all have made me feel so much better about not being forgotten haha.
Love you!
Mol
No comments:
Post a Comment