Friday, September 23, 2011

I'm back!!!!

Well, here I am again. En France.

First off I should say that I arrived safe and sound, albeit pretty sleepy. Didn't sleep much on the plane ride to Madrid, but I did get a solid 2 hour nap in on my short flight to Nice. I had asked another English assistant, Katie, if it was possible to crash at her apartment Thursday night so that I (1)-didn't have to book a hostel and (2)-had central access to apartment hunting (Katie has been here about 2 weeks already and found her apartment in the town center). Little did I know how incredibly helpful she would be. Not only did she pick me up at the airport, but it turned out that she had a spare bedroom in her apartment that hadn't been rented out yet. Badda boom badda bing, and here I am with my own private bedroom :) The other housemate of ours is a 19 yr old French girl studying accountancy. I haven't gotten a chance to chat with he rmuch... she's always running in and out of the apartment for classes and Katie says she tends to go home on weekends. Katie is my age, from Britain. We've had a few cute giggles about the differences between British english and American english, so that's been amusing.

I'll post some pictures of my apartment/room/Nice on the my next blog post... my room is quite messy at the moment so I'll wait until it looks a bit nicer.

Anyway just wanted to tell you all I arrived safely and have gotten settled in for the most part! Yesterday and today I mostly just completed administrative things, like buying a phone, buying groceries, etc, although Katie and I did get a trip to the beach in yesterday... the water is BEAUTIFUL and so clear!!! Being a local, I affectionately call it "the Med".

It does seem like quite a bit ago that I was in France, especially with how rusty my French is. My French classes back in the US were all in French of course, but I generally had an idea of what we'd be talking about that day or could anticipate the questions being asked. Here it's rapid fire, but luckily Katie has most of her French straightened out so she's been able to jump in for me when I stare blankly back at the person talking.

Anyway, I love you all, I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible! Look for photos in my next post!

Bisous,
Molly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go Mol! You are soooo grown up now. We love you too!
Aunt Mo and Uncle Mike

Jessica said...

bahahaha "we had some giggles about american english and english english" LOVE how that's still happening 3 months later.