The LSAT went really well! I didn't cry or run out of that room screaming, so I'd say it was a positive experience. I think it helped that I finished SO many full practice exams on my own in the months leading up to the test because I didn't feel like I had run out of steam towards the end. However, my scores always surprised me on every single exam I took, so the outcome is a real toss-up. I don't find out my score until the beginning of January, so we'll see.
In addition, it was so good to see Marie. After a year hiatus consisting of Skype and emails, we were finally reunited! She took me to a fun bar, luggage in hand, the evening I arrived. Some of her co-workers decided to throw a "singles mixer" so I met some of her single friends. The night after my exam we had a lovely dinner party at a friend's house, which turned into a dance party, which turned into hilarity after a few bottles of wine. Caught about two hours of sleep before jetting back to Nice to meet Ashlin at the airport bright and early!
I got to explore some of Paris while waiting for Marie to get off work on Friday evening. It's always lovely to see the Eiffel Tower again!
Marie and I
These past ten days with Ashlin went by so quickly! Last week I had to work full days Monday and Tuesday, so the real exploring began Wednesday afternoon. Let's just say that Christmas has finally arrived in Nice. It was Ashlin and mine's first time exploring the Christmas markets in Old Town Nice, where we sampled socca (a Nicoise crepe made from chickpea flour), Nutella crêpes, vin chaud (hot mulled wine), and Nutella churros.
Ashlin deciding on purchases at the markets
The beautiful nighttime decorations in Place Messena
After very full tummies and slightly tighter jeans, we decided to explore little villages all weekend. I had heard of fun outdoor markets in Ventimiglia (an Italian border town), so off we went on Friday. Ashlin was super impressed by the pasta offerings in Italy and I bought myself some faux-leather gloves at the markets. Saturday we explored Monaco and a small French city called Eze. Both were incredibly beautiful in their own ways - Monaco for the luxurious display of wealth and prestige and Eze for the natural hillside beauty.
The casino in Monaco. We were too scared to go inside with jeans on!
A Porsche, BMW, Porsche, and Bentley just outside of the casino
Welcome to Eze!
Ashlin and I standing on the Eze beach. Can't see much of the beach, but it was a really beautiful day.
Finally, the weekend was topped off by an incredible picnic on St. Jean Cap Ferrat. A professor at my school has been wonderfully generous with her time, enthusiasm, and kindness and offered to take Ashlin and I on a picnic. St. Jean Cap Ferrat is located about 20 minutes away from Nice by car, but can we reached by bus. Luckily we drove, as my professor had made a scrumptous lunch consisting of a tuna casserole, cheese cubes, vegetables, candied peanuts, and a traditional French Christmas cake called a Galette de Rois, which is shaped like a bunt cake but a little man is hidden somewhere inside the dough. The child who finds (or bites down on) the little man is named the Christmas King or Queen. Ash and I had prepared a fruit salad and fruit dip, so the entire lunch was fantastic. Unfortunately my camera ran out of battery on the car ride to St. Jean, but as soon as Ash sends me photos I will post them - the scenery was gorgeous. In fact, I got sunburnt!
Ash and I in front of the waterfall in Nice
These past two weeks have been filled with hard work, hugs, kisses, laughter, dance moves, a feast for my eyes, and wonderful friends to share new memories. I wonder what the next two weeks will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment