Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sorry...

My last post was a redundant, drawn out rambling of clichés and "inner perception". I apologize. When the mood strikes eh? This post is not nearly as long, nor as selfish, I promise.

Unfortunately however, I don't have as much inspiration this time around. My day today has primarily consisted of one big batch of editing, re-writing, and formatting my law school resume. Toss in some sprinkles of hopeful, yet delusional, ponderings of whether or not I could get into a Top 10 school, and a pinch of inspiration for my personal statement, and you my dear reader, have one heck of a Sunday Funday. I am impatient for the day when my social life can evolve into written posts about how amusing my weekend was, or just how awesome life in France has become. All in good time.

Speaking of law school, however, I take the LSAT in exactly six days! Eeek! While I feel prepared as far as what to expect, I'm a bit bummed that my practice test scores have seemed to plateau'd. Perhaps some stroke of genius will finally descend upon me and the two practice tests I plan on taking this week. I'll let you know.

In other news, a music festival happened in Nice this weekend, C'est Pas Classique. I took it upon myself to check out some of the FREE concerts sponsored around Nice Saturday afternoon and ended up having a really pleasant time exploring. Walking past the traditional Saturday morning flower market, I heard strands of clarinet and stumbled into an open foyer with a 6-person brass band. Walking further still I glanced to my left into an open church and saw a 30-person choir performing French Christmas carols. Next came the band "Les Jeunes Nicoises" who strummed traditional French tunes. After sitting and listening for a bit, I finally found myself in the midst of a huge crowd listening to the delightful renderings of swing music from a band who calls themselves "Gershwin and Fire" (what a name) and who play their instruments atop moving bicycles. I completely forgot my camera of course, but the afternoon was really quite lovely.

As for the end of this post, I'll leave you with some photos taken just last weekend in an exploration around the Nice port. Sixty-five degrees, mid-November, and I'm wading in the Mediterranean Sea. Whatwhat!







No comments: