Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What A Day

The title of this post says it all I think. Where to begin...
The flight went well- thanks to everyone who texted/called haha, you guys were hilarious and I felt oh -so- loved :)  I didn't sleep at all while I was on the plane though-French phrases and thoughts kept running through my head while I was sitting there. Not to mention the flight was full and I was in the middle of a 3-seater, so it was a bit uncomfortable. 

I missed my train because we got in late, but I was able to secure a seat for the later train through my void ticket. I met up with a few IES-ers at the station which was nice, but I was so exhausted from staying up all night so I didn't really talk much.

The later train came and after a 3-hour ride, I finally arrived in Nantes. Took a cab over to the IES building (I think I got my first experience as being jipped because I'm a foreigner...the cab driver wouldn't give me change for my 10-euro bill haha- oh well- first time for everything right?) Anyway, got to the building, called my mom, admittedly had a minor case of completely overwhelmed, exhausted old me and had to fight to keep back tears for a bit. 

But I met my host family! They are wonderful. Very patient, very outgoing, and I love my own room (hopefully post some pics up later. Dinner was delicious, especially the apricot pizza dessert (yum!). And Chrissy-they LOVED the presents I got them  :)  There have been quite a few language barriers to overcome- no one in the family speaks much English- but I think it'll be ok over time. They've been super patient with me all day, so hopefully that trend continues. 

But I'm completely pooped- trust me there's a LOT more I want to tell you all- but that may have to wait for later. I need sleep. If I have time tomorrow morning I'll write, but otherwise you all won't hear from me again until I come back from an off-site orientation that starts tomorrow afternoon and goes through Saturday. 

I love you all! And I'm trying my best to make sure America is properly represented  :)

xoxo,
Molls

No comments: