Saturday, April 28, 2012

Home!

I've finally arrived back home safely to the good ole U S of A. Luckily the reverse culture shock isn't bad this time around, although the jet leg is a bit difficult. I've decided to compile a list of preliminary observations about being back:

1. There is a bottle of Ranch Dressing in my refrigerator that is larger than my hand. Maybe even my head.

2. SUVs seem so much bigger, and unnecessary, than ever before.

3. I love Chipotle.

4. I also love peanut butter, Hulu, and not having to physically hold the shower spout in my hand when I shower.

5. I miss being able to walk everywhere.

6. It's so cold here! I wore a scarf to bed last night. (Sidenote: wearing a scarf to bed also works wonders for a sore throat! I highly recommend trying it out).

7. I LOVE being able to call family and friends from my phone. Additionally, I LOVE seeing their names pop up on my phone!

8. I still can't get the hang of my cell phone keypad, keyboards other than my own computer's (the French keyboard is different than ours and it's throwing me off), and not wanting to speak French to people outside my house.

9. Driving, however, was a breeze. Easier than riding a bicycle.

10. I wore sweatpants out in public and didn't feel an ounce of shame.

I think I'll keep this blog around for another few weeks or so... there are some trips that I wasn't able to blog about and I'd like to do so. Otherwise I may be switching tactics here soon and making a Tumblr, seeing as how I do like blogging, but there will be more details later. Until then, keep your eyes open for more gorgeous photos of the French Riviera!

xxx, Molls

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kinda jealous. peanut butter!!!

Kate Kohls said...

this is awesome