Saturday, April 21, 2012

So we didn't make it to Rome...

A few weeks ago, my old roommate McC came to visit! Having her here was very special - we got along so well back at Miami and I knew we were in for a great week.


McC enjoying the view from atop the local chateau; isn't she pretty? :)



The shot I took as we were exploring Vieux Nice, or Old Town. Sunset is supposed to be great lighting and we weren't disappointed!



Experiencing the Mediterranean for the first time! The water is still pretty chilly.



Fun night spent at one of my favorite hangouts, Wayne's bar. 


We also completed some relaxing day trips and headed to Monaco and Cannes for afternoon shenanigans.

Monte Carlo casino, which isn't complete without at least 2 Rolls Royces 


As I mentioned in my last post, McC and I were supposed to head to Rome for Easter. We had been looking forward to the trip for weeks and had planned our itinerary for days. Unfortunately both our airline and the weather decided that we weren't mean to go. After some quick 2 hour planning and about 8 hours later, we were headed to jolly old London!


Ready for our adventure!



Easter Vigil mass at St. Paul's Cathedrale




St. Paul's at night




In front of Buckingham Palace during the changing of the guard. The place was beyond packed.




Standing in front of Tower Bridge. 


As for the time spent in between McC being here and right now, I have finished teaching classes, played more games of Jeopardy than I'd like to count as a fun parting lesson, said sad goodbyes to my favorite professors at school, and mentally prepared for my trip back home in less than 6 days.

It has been continually mystifying how fast these past 8 months have gone. While I am very much looking forward to eating Chipotle seeing my family and friends from back home, I'm not ready to leave the French Riviera quite yet. If you need to find me, I will most likely be with my friends, enjoying the sunshine, playing trivia, or hanging out at Wayne's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are ready to have you back in the USA Molly!!! Love you and travel safe - Aunt Mo