Friday, April 6, 2012

Oh the memories...

I spent last weekend up in Nantes, France visiting my old stomping grounds from three (has it really been three??) years ago. Not only did I get to see some old faces and meet some cool new friends who are assistants up in the north, but I also had the incredible opportunity to catch up with my favorite French family: the Jouanneauxs! They were my host family when I studied abroad with IES and we continue to keep in touch. It was so special seeing them; I feel so lucky to have had them as my host family. Madame and Monsieur Jouanneaux still remain very close to my heart and made me feel just as welcome the second time around.

Some photos from the weekend:


I met up with a former IES-er, Jenny, from my study abroad program! We got lunch and later tea, at La Cigale, one of the most famous restaurants in Nantes.



Jenny and I decided to sneak into the old IES program building; luckily she still remembered the code!



Me and my host siblings, Clotilde and Vianney! Vianney has gotten SO TALL!!! It's a shame we're sitting in this photo.


Madame and Monsieur Jouanneaux


Me and my lovely host family, reunited once again!!


This week, Megan McConnell and I have taken Nice by storm. She's a former housemate from my senior year house, Cosmo and is so awesome to have come visit me! We're headed to Rome for Easter weekend, pics to come next week!

No comments: